When temperatures in some climates hit 115 regularly, or humidity reaches over 80% regularly it is time to make sure the AC units on your modular buildings are working well.
Some companies set aside maintenance funds to recharge their AC units each summer, other companies self perform routine summer performance checks.
What should you check to make sure you are getting the best operational costs?
1. Always keep filters clean, change monthly for best performance, and invest in a roof top mechanical unit with high SEER rating.
2. Set your programmable thermostats and watch them. Make sure they are not turning on and off too quickly this is called "cycling" and it puts alot of wear & tear on your units. Also if you have summer hours adjust your thermostat.
3. Put your fan on manual over ride, and make sure the thermostat is working. Watch it turn off & on as you manually control your unit.
4. Remote control applications from a mobile phone are becoming more popular on small commercial buildings. This is a great way to control you AC if you will be out of the office all day, and save some money on it running.
5. Perform a visual inspection of the mechanical units. Make sure they are not clanking, or dripping where they should not drip, look at the overflow lines make sure the main condensate line is not clogged up.
6. If you have the money hire a maintenance team to come in & check the motor, clean the coils, and other elements that are best left to a professional AC team to extend the life cycle of your mechanical equipment.
These are just a few tips, you want your mechanical units to last longer and cost less to operate. Seasonal maintenance is key to the success of this.
For more information contact our team:
Modular Solutions, Ltd
Phone: (800) 441-8577 x 1 (Sales)