One great thing about spring is the opportunity to get outdoors and enjoy the season. We suggest you put your modular building on a spring cleaning calendar & include a few key items that will extend your building life cycle:
1. Clean out all the rain gutters, inspect for damages, or drainage issues. Bad gutters can cause rot in trims or the building foundation if the drainage is incorrect.
2. Inspect the roof to see if there were any winter storm damages. Sometimes an exposed shingle or or foam that was damaged by trees, or metal trim that is bent out of shape. Just because you purchased a 50 year roof, that does not mean nature will not impact that.
3. Cut back the landscape. One culprit of water damage or building damage is landscape too close to the modular building, watering patterns, etc. Make sure your building is not getting watered with the lawn.
4. Put on a new fresh coat of paint & caulk. Keeping your building spruced up makes it look better, but also keeps moisture out. Check the caulks and trims, for bowing, and missing caulk. Use an exterior rated product when replacing caulk.
5. Test your mechanical system. Clean out the filters, run the cycles, and just make sure the units are operating at their best capacity to save operating costs and extend your equipment life cycle.
If you would like some more great tips consult our service and maintenance team at Modular Solutions, Ltd
Phone: 800-441-8577 x 1 (Sales)
all rights reserved copyright & trademark 2015 ©