Why Do Roofs Leak?
Roofing Industry Expert Shares Top Six Reasons Roofs Leak
- Improper Drainage-If a roof is not designed with adequate drainage the rain, snow, and water will find a way into your building.
- Roof Penetrations-As the roof and systems are designed using fewer penetrations through the roof will help alleviate possible future leak challenges. Water will find a way in and even small penetrations can cause leaks in time
- Roof Top Units-While roof top units are a great economy, over time and without proper maintenance roof top units can be the culprit of roof leaks.
- Walls & Facades-This cause is harder to diagnose as a leak site may travel or not be fully exposed. Masonry walls can crack causing unseen damage, allowing water in.
- Rooftop Traffic-Sometimes walking on a roof, toolboxes, equipment, have all been the cause of unintentional damage to roofing systems. Membrane roofs are more susceptible to this type of damage than other systems.
- Human Error-Unfortunately roofs can be installed improperly. That is why it is so important to choose a reputable and reliable company with a long history of job performance. Unfortunately as many federal and state agencies have discovered, you do not want to choose your roofing specification strictly based on low bid.
The best way to keep your roof covering system leak free is to inspect each year and look for any conditions that may cause leaks. Remedy those immediately and maintain the roof covering as indicated in the manufacturers recommended guidelines.
For more details on types of roof covering systems or prefabricated buildings contact our team
Modular Solutions, Ltd
Phone: 800-441-8577 x 1