As a GSA contract holder for many years we have lots of questions GSA contracting officers have run by us. While we do not claim to be the experts on GSA contracting, we have learned and grown in experience with each new GSA contract award over the past 15 years. Some of the questions we have worked through:
1. Is Prevailing Wage Schedule Required? If the project is federally funded then prevailing wage is applicable on any site work.
2. Can My Modular Building Be Custom? Most GSA contracts are set up to be highly custom, our contract has available components to make each individual building as unique as required. Some contractors do no offer this flexibility and only offer models. You will need to evaluate the GSA contract vehicle with the vendor.
3. How Long Will It Take To Get A Custom Modular Building? Custom modular buildings are typically 90-120 days from approved plans. This can be expedited, depending on the use and difficulty of construction. Some "long-lead" items are highly specialized on federal projects, and require up to 12 weeks from date of order.
4. Will My New Modular Building Meet The Local Building Codes? As a rule, Modular Solutions, Ltd always complies with the local building codes and regulations. On a federal site, some vendors will only construct to the factory location building code. As a contracting officer you will want to ensure your RFP asks for local/state building code compliance. Build to the area, snow load, wind loads, energy code, and other applicable regional variables.
5. Can I Use An RFP For Procurement Instead Of A Bid? GSA allows you to use RFQ, RFP, Design-Build (SOQ), Sole Source, and other procurement methods in the best interest of the government. Which ever method makes the procurement process easier for your individual procurement needs.
These are just a few of the questions, stay tuned for more GSA tips, and GSA FAQ answers.
For More Information Contact Us At:
Modular Solutions, Ltd
Phone: 800-441-8577 x 1
all rights reserved, copyright, trademark ©