Many modular factories try to keep costs lower by offering limited selections of colors and finishes to their clients. While this way of building offers a little cost savings, most clients feel it is better to get what you really want when you are getting a custom designed and build modular building. We have been asked if modular buildings can have ceramic tile walls or floor covering. In most cases the answer is YES. The fun part is deciding which finish you want, and how much you want to spend in your budget. The choices are unlimited. The key to having a successful installation of wood flooring or ceramic tiles is in proper installation.
(5) great tips:
1. Choose a heavier floor decking the industry standard is 5/8" thick, and we suggest 3/4" or 1 1/8"
2. Use an underlayment such as wonder board or equal that lets the movement transfer as required
3. Trim and transition strips can be attractive and blend in, or basic know you have choices
4. Have your tile professionally cleaned and sealed, depending on what type you get (natural stone better not to seal)
5. Use proper cleaning instructions for water/steam/cleaning to ensure you do not over saturate your new flooring
For more great tips contact our team at Modular Solutions, Ltd
Phone: 800-441-8577 x 1
all rights reserved, copyright, trademark ©