How many times do you go the the mailbox and go "agghh" when you see the envelope from the local utility company? If you plan a little we have a few tips that can help you keep your bills lower without changing your consumption habits.
1. If you are just getting started consider passive solar options. In passive solar building design, windows, walls, and floors are made to collect, store, and distribute solar energy in the form of heat in the winter and reject solar heat in the summer. This is called passive solar design or climatic design because, unlike active solar heating systems, it doesn't involve the use of mechanical and electrical devices.
2. Plant wisely, trees bushes and other landscape can block the sun and help cool down your structure
3. Exterior and interior shutters, help keep bills lower by blocking OUT the sun
4. Mini blinds, even a simple mini blind can make a little difference
5. Awnings & porches strategically placed to capture and block sun at prime times
Contact our experts for more tips and involve us in the early stages so our preconstruction team can design wisely!
PHONE: 800-441-8577 X 1
all rights reserved copyright, trademark ©