Every mobile office used for standard business practices needs to be ADA accessible. Frequently we are asked what is ADA, and how do we comply?
A typical mobile office sets 30" - 36" high off the ground if you have not excavated the site & made arrangements for a "grade-level" installation.
Ramps & stairs are pretty easy to get in place. We have several vendors across the USA that build "prefabricated" ramps & stairs, taking the guess work out!
We measure the threshold height, and in general you have 1' (one foot) of ramp for ever 1" (one inch) high 1:12 ratio. When a ramp hits 30' long in needs a intermediate landing which can cost money, so the best value is to set your threshold 30" or less.
Our ramp companies will custom design the ramp "pieces" and make sure it complies with federal ADA guidelines and our clients pass all inspections.
TIPS FOR MEETING ADA:
1. Can be build from any material but steel or aluminum are very low maintenance and durable
2. Prefabrication saves money, you don't have to pay for expensive site engineering & ramp design
3. ADA ramps have many intricacies, hire a professional that knows the codes
4. Measure twice, order once! Ensure what your threshold & rise are! Our team will measure & assume the liability & risk for door threshold on ramps & stairs we install.
5. Get a stamped set of plans,sealed by an engineer for local jurisdiction and approval
6. Identify if this is a short term or long term space solution, do you want awnings, decks and other additions to be included?
CONTACT OUR TEAM AT MODULAR SOLUTIONS, LTD FOR MORE INFORMATION:
(800) 441-8577 X 1
all rights reserved, copyright, trademark, USA©