The process will vary depending on where you are located, but in general the process or flow are similar across the USA. Two main reasons modular building construction is gaining popularity faster than other construction methods are that you can start generating revenues quicker, and you reduce the cost of your construction general conditions fees by finishing the project quicker.
1. Find your land: In any business it is location, location, location
2. Get your preconstruction team assembled: If you are fortunate enough to have a company like ours that can offer design-build turnkey construction providing all services this is the best way, but if not you can assemble your architect, your general contractor, and your modular manufacturer or dealer.
3. Design your site & building layout: Talk through future growth plans and future requirements during this stage to ensure you lay out a wise plan
4. Submit for Permits & approvals: Getting approval on the conceptual plans is usually done on a local basis, but many states have a review division for modular buildings.
5. Start site preparation & building construction: Here is where the modular benefit really kicks in! We prepare the site for the building, as it is being fully constructed in the plant. No weather delays or construction delays when you build inside a plant. Both are completed at about the same time.
6. Deliver & Install the modular building: Take your almost fully completed modular building and install it on the foundation system. Inspections are called in & the building is almost done.
7. Final finishes: Some buildings have to get final finishes connected or completed (ie porches, stucco, high roofs, etc). Those final finishes are installed and inspected & then your new modular building is ready to occupy.
Most modular projects take about 120 days from inception through occupancy. Some are quicker if the building is basic, and some take a little longer if the site is tied up in zoning issues or approvals. Traditional construction takes about 6-18 months on an average project. As you can see that is a HUGE time savings.
For more information on how to get your new modular building contact our team:
Modular Solutions, Ltd
Phone: 800-441-8577 x 1