A Common question we are asked is can I get a modular building that will be more "green", and that is better for the environment. There are lots of little things you can incorporate into your modular building design that is better for the environment, green, reduces carbon footprint, and that will make a difference.
1. Design you building with 2 x 6 wall studs: Increase insulation, reduce energy consumption
2. Use a high efficiency mechanical system: Modular buildings can have more efficient units with higher seasonal energy efficient ratings (SEER)that will reduce the cost to cool you modular building.
3. Modular Building Placement: General common sense of placing windows and door facings when putting the modular building on the site will reduce heat conductivity
4. Sustainable Floor Covering: Choose a floor covering made from recycled bottles or bamboo. Make a conscience choice to select a product proven to be reducing carbon footprint
5. Use an alternative energy system (ie windmill or solar power) for energy generation to have a net zero design
6. The very essence of modular is "green"- A modular building is 100% recyclable and can be used at a new location any time during its life cycle or rebuilt to have a new life cycle
For more tips and hints on how to build a more sustainable modular building contact our team at
Modular Solutions, Ltd
Phone: 800-441-8577 x 1
all rights reserved trademark, copyright ©